December 28, 2017
A little over a month ago, my product loving self purchased several items during the Sephora VIB Sale (peep part one and part two).
With a little over a month under my belt I am ready to share the deets on what went down, or didn’t maybe? I don’t know where I was going with that.
Let’s start with what we kept! Yay positive!
- Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser by Glow Recipe has been a great face wash. It doesn’t break me out, does not leave me overly dry, and a little goes a long way. It does a wonderful job removing my makeup on lazy days I don’t pre cleanse with micellar water.
- I think these next two products have been a game changer in my skin. Even though I’m currently breaking out from over indulging during the holidays, my skin has been quite cooperative since adding these two in my regimen. Drunk Elephant’s C-Firma Day Serum & T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum are must haves in your beauty routine. I know the price tags are a tiny bit hefty, but all you need is one pump!
- I’ve featured the Belif Aqua Bomb Sheet Mask on a Wednesday Wants post since my Sephora VIB Part One. It is phenomenal. You need it. You need multiples.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Sophia & Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Hairdresser’s Oil Primer were repurchases I wanted to snag at 20% off. Enough said.
- I had tried a sample of the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and was completely won over by the scent alone. The excellent hydration is another added benefit. There are two things that leave me a bit weary to repurchase: 1. I am burning through it. Meaning I am so eager to use it every day twice a day that it is depleting quick. 2. The fact that I can go through it so quickly, and it is $45 per 8.1 oz tub doesn’t sit too well with me. I do really enjoy the product itself, so I may have to bite the bullet. Or make it my winter body cream. We’ll see.
- This was actually the product I bought expecting it not to work and fully get returned, and I was surprisingly happen with the result. Tatcha’s Violet-C Radiance Mask left my skin, well, RADIANT. Literally. I was glowing. Plus it’s fun to rock a purple face prior to the results.
And now with the returns…boo, hiss…
- I thought I really enjoyed the Erborian CC Creme at first. Great coverage, ok wear, good color match. Well there was something going on with my bathroom lighting because I looked orange. Plus, it created so much texture on my skin. I gave it a solid three tries of wear, and it was enough for me to say NEXT. I was slightly disappointed it didn’t work out.
- Not going to lie, I was too afraid to even try the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads. I regret that decision. I was so worried it was going to be too harsh for my skin. Ever since I returned them I have seen them EVERYWHERE & nothing but rave reviews on how its the one thing they accredit to their flawless complexion. I may have to tip toe on back to Sephora for these.
- This may be the product I am most disappointed went back…Tatcha’s The Water Cream. As a day cream, this would be great. However, I have a day cream I love. I was really trying to use this as a night cream, and it didn’t live up to my expectations. It was good for temporary hydration, but when I woke up in the morning, my skin didn’t look anymore supple. I want my night time moisturizer to literally feel like I am encasing my youth and wake up with the bounciest skin I can get. This didn’t do it for me. Sighhhhhhhhh.
- I had tried the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask by Glow Recipe before and I loved it. My skin looked like I wanted it to in the paragraph above. I don’t know what happened, or if the ingredients in the one I snagged were off, but it left me underwhelmed after a few uses. The first time I tried it (from a small sample pack) I woke up and could still feel the dried product on my face, which I love! And my skin was glowing like you’d think it would. Upon using my full size jar, I had neither of the two occur. Another long sighhhhhhhhhh.
I believe I covered everything. What items have you purchased lately that you have loved? Maybe were less than thrilled with the results?